OH HAI
My name is Alex (she/her) & I am a doctoral candidate at Indiana University in the Departments of Curriculum and Instruction and Gender Studies. Starting in August, I will start applying to jobs at universities and institutions outside of the Midwest and finishing my dissertation. Prior to this, I was a bilingual public school teacher in Chicago (union delegate during the Chicago Teacher's Strike wut wut). I have a Master's Degree in Education and a B.A. in Spanish, English, and Italian.
Over the course of the past fifteen years, I've increasingly worked on a variety of justice-oriented campaigns, from disability justice to immigration reform to Black Lives Matter to prison abolition to union organizing to queer liberation. I am also a spoken word poet (featured on Button Poetry), a drag performer, and a community organizer in Bloomington. During the summer, you can catch me eating pizza and bartending at The Back Door.
Here is a photograph my friend, Brick Daniel Kyle (look him up on insta @heybrickkyle to see more of his work) took of me being E-X-T-R-A:
Over the course of the past fifteen years, I've increasingly worked on a variety of justice-oriented campaigns, from disability justice to immigration reform to Black Lives Matter to prison abolition to union organizing to queer liberation. I am also a spoken word poet (featured on Button Poetry), a drag performer, and a community organizer in Bloomington. During the summer, you can catch me eating pizza and bartending at The Back Door.
Here is a photograph my friend, Brick Daniel Kyle (look him up on insta @heybrickkyle to see more of his work) took of me being E-X-T-R-A:

Comments
Post a Comment